
Nearly about 7:30 am while I was roaming in the dreamland, suddenly disturbed by my mobile phones ring tone. Oh it’s boss. I cleared my throat and picked up my phone. “Good morning Boss”, I said.
“Good morning Arun, You have to visit three sites, Nauni, Kandaghat & Chail. Cab will pick you at 10:00 am so be ready, Bye”, he ordered and disconnected the phone.
The cab reached at 10:30 am. After finishing the work at Nauni & Kandaghat
We left for Chail. It was my first visit to this place and I was really excited as I had heard a lot about chail’s beauty. As we were moving further the scenery was becoming more beautiful. The hills were covered with deodar trees.
Forests were very dense there. Sunlight has to struggle with trees to reach the road. I realized that I am going to visit one more master piece of nature.
Chail was former ‘summer capital’ of Patiala. It was developed by Maharaja Bhupinder Singh when in the year 1891 Lord Kitchner banned his entry to Shimla. The King got angry and decided to develop his own summer capital just 45 km away from Shimla and as a result we got a paradise.
When we were about to reach we saw some snow on one side of the road. We stopped there and had some pics.

My friend said that he is missing some thing here.
“What? “, I said.
“AIR POLLUTION”, he said.
I looked at him surprisingly. Before any word came out from my mouth, He picked his cigarette case & matchstick from his bag.
Oh! This pollution, I said and we started laughing.
With in 3 minutes he filled his lungs with a lot of smoke (which he was missing so desperately). We started moving further.
It took around 70 minutes to reach Chail from Kandaghat. Near bus stand we enquired about our site. We got the location and within 15 minutes we were in front of the exchange. It was a large building, standing alone in the dense forests. There was not even a single building around its 500 meter radius.
It was looking more like a haunted house rather than a telephone exchange.
The gate was open, we entered inside. There was a mobile tower which was almost kissing the sky; it was surrounded by some trees which were having no leaves. Inside the building there was a man sitting on the lawn.
I took the keys from him and opened the exchange. There was a table with

an old telephone over it, next to it was the BTS room and an engine room.
After finishing our work we entered to the engine room, it was very old engine,
It seems like it was inaugurated by ‘Faraday’ himself. I have read somewhere
“INDIA IS A MUSEUM OF TECHNOLOGIES”.
I found it very true there. The exchange was very near to Chail cricket ground, so we decided to visit it before leaving. The cab moved towards the ground. Chail cricket ground is the highest cricket ground in the world. It is surrounded by gigantic deodar trees, was built in the year 1893. There are many places to visit in Chail like Maharaja’s Palace, Sidh Baba’s temple & Chail Sanctuary.
We didn’t have much time to visit these places, as we have to return so we said ‘goodbye’ to this paradise and moved towards Solan.
gr8 explanation of beauty of himachal........
ReplyDeletenice blog......
write some more dear.......
nice one arna...nd gudd comic timing too.....besties for further writing...
ReplyDeletethanks bhai log
ReplyDelete